Explore Morocco’s diverse landscapes on a 3-day journey from Fes to the Sahara Desert. This guide covers everything you need to plan your trip.
1st day : Fes – Middle Atlas – Merzouga Desert – Camel trek and overnight in the Berber tent
- Firstly, we’ll pick you up at your hotel/riad and travel from Fes to Ifran, “the Switzerland of Morocco,” and Midelt, with views of the Middle and Higher Atlas Mountains.
- Next, we’ll make a stop in Azrou to see Barbary apes in the cedar forest before continuing through Tiz Ntalghamt pass and the Ziz Gorge.
- After that, we’ll enjoy lunch in Errachidia and travel through the Ziz Valley for views of Erfoud and Rissani.
- Finally, we’ll arrive in Merzouga for a camel ride and dinner in front of your tent.
2nd Day : Merzouga Desert – Nomads Families – Tissardmin Oasis – Khamlia – Erg Chebbi
Experience a complete desert day, including a stunning sunrise atop a 250-meter dune, breakfast on camelback, exploration of Tissardmin oasis and nomad settlements, and a spiritual Gnawa music concert in Kamilia Village. Enjoy a free afternoon for town or sunset viewing before dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
3rd Day : Merzouga Desert – Ziz Valley – Cedar forests and monkey troupes of Azrou – Fes
- To begin with, on our last day, we’ll travel north through the world’s largest Tafilalet palm grove with thousands of palm trees along the 20km road.
- Furthermore, we’ll make a stop at a high viewpoint to enjoy the stunning view of Ziz valley and Aoufous town.
- Additionally, after lunch in Midelt, we’ll continue through Cedar Woods, where we may spot some monkeys.
- Moreover, we’ll then visit Ifrane, a Moroccan city known as “the Moroccan Switzerland” due to its clean, green, and Swiss-like architecture, including an important ski resort called Michlifen.
About 6 pm we arrive at Fez, transfer to the hotel, and end of our services.